Prayer Updates: May 2018
Join us in praying for all that's happening with Tirzah's Regional Leaders and partners this month:
Thank you, as always, for the faithful prayers. We are so grateful for you all.
So many things are going on that need prayer:
- We will hold our annual meeting as a board June 1-3. Please pray for meeting preparation and fora fruitful, Holy Spirit-led Time together.
Please pray for the upcoming conferences:
- Abilene and her team as they prepare for their conference June 8-10. Pray that the Lord will open the door to make it possible for many women to attend.
- Madeleine and her team as they prepare for the major Mali Consultation. Pray for the funds to continue to come in for this important conference.
- AWEMA and their team as they prepare for the September Tunisia Conference. Pray for the lord to touch the hearts of women's from the US to join in this special time!
- For a gathering in LA where Cheryl will be speaking on May 19. It's a series of events on topics of interest to the local community and this gathering will focus on Tirzah. Pray that the Lord would gather and move those who will want to partner with us in the work!
Also pray for:
- The Lord's provision for the wonderful work being done among women globally! "The cattle on a thousand hills belong to Him."
- All the women in our partner programs. May the Lord show them how precious they are to hIm and may the work of their hands bear much fruit that helps to sustain and bless their families and communities.
- All of Tirzah's global leaders, advocates, and investors - for their health, families, marriages, and for joy and blessing on their work.
We serve a mighty God who is able to do far more than all we think or imagine! What a gift it is to bring the deep desires of our heart to Him and to know that He hears them and is already at work to accomplish His holy purposes.
With a thankful heart,
President, Tirzah International
FRANCOPHONE WEST AFRICA
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Chad, Gabon, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone
Updated February 2018
Greetings Dear Praying Friends,
Blessings to you in this second week of the new year!
We've received the prayer request below from Madeleine. Let's be lifting Gilbert up for healing. Please also pray for the family as they are no longer receiving financial help from Gilbert's former employer. They have plans to get their farm up and running again. Let's pray that this will be a successful venture that will provide for their family's needs.
Warmly, in Christ,
Hello dear sister, Cheryl Lovejoy, and all the Team Tirzah!
I thank the Lord for his grace and mercy. My husband had a very serious heart attack caused by the lack of his drugs. He was admitted to the hospital for a few days. But thanks to the prayers of each and all, God intervened and He has given his life. We are now at home. We give all the glory to our Lord. And I take this opportunity to thank all those who remember us in prayer. Pray for the financial problem that it takes his medication regularly. But pray especially for his full recovery. Our Lord Jesus Christ is able to heal completely. Best wishes to all for this new year. God of Grace covers you for all his blessings in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior.
Francophone Africa Leader
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia, Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia
Updated February 2018
Happy New Year to all and thank you for faithfully praying for us.
Please praise God with me for much better mobility the knee replacement surgery was successful and I am on the road to recovery.
Please pray for the many opportunities to serve the kingdom in South Africa and Africa. Hosting a colloquium at Stellenbosch university 23rd and 24th January on the relevance of the church in South Africa with the view to establishing a theological commission for The Evangelical Alliance in South Africa.
Pray for my participation in the Empowered 21 movement in South Africa 30 Jan - 1Feb.
Much love and blessings,
SOUTH PACIFIC + ISLANDS
Vanuatu, Fiji, Bangladesh, Tonga, Australia
My prayers and thanks:
- I was able to meet up with one of the Australian investors in Tirzah and we are plannig to keep in touch!
- I am so grateful that the book I wrote about our journey with our son Sam is now on Kindle so now any of my Tirzah friends can read it. This book has opened up opportunities to meet with other women and share faith. You can find it here.
- Please pray as I finish my Masters in Christian Leadership.
- I would also value your prayers as I plan to speak at our National Vineyard Leaders conference in May.
- I am also speaking at church on the topic of listening to God.
- Please pray for the women that I mentor, that I would be an encouragement to them.
- Please pray that God would open other doors to connect with women.
Thank you to the women (and men) who meet and pray for us! I so value your heart connection across the miles.
- My heart is full of praise! After twenty years of praying, the Lord answered our prayer. My 38-year-old daughter met a nice Christian man in January, and she is engaged now. Please pray for their future marriage.
- Pray for the group of young Roma wives, some of them have 15, 16 years, and are already mothers. We started regular meeting with them on the weekly bases little more than a month ago. In the beginning they were shy, quiet, but last few times they started to open up, and started to share about their lives. Many of them need counseling, and all of them need lots of love.
- Pray for May 12th as there will be a conference for women in northern Serbai. We are looking forward to meeting with about 150 ladies. Pray that this day would be the day of rest and encouragement for those who will be present.
Please pray for the team departing for Kenya/Ethiopia in June. It’s a small but enthusiastic team and we are thankful the Lord has brought us together. We pray for traveling mercies, of course, wellness, energy, safety and ears to hear the Lord’s direction as we spend time with the women and make connections.
Greetings in the most precious name of Jesus.
We are happy to share with you some of what the Lord is doing through our ministries so that we all may be encouraged and give Him praise and glory.
Please also join us in prayer for the following requests:
- Churches in Algeria: As we have shared with you last month, churches in Algeria are being shut down. Unfortunately, the situation hasn’t changed. The churches there are still being attacked aggressively by the adversary. Pray that the churches may be kept open and the believers may continue to have freedom to worship.
- AWEMA team traveling to North Sudan (within a few days): They will visit church leaders in different areas to encourage, train and equip them. Please pray for God’s protection and grace for AWEMA team during this visit.
- Union of Christian Arab Radios’ (UCAR) conference (to be held during this month of May): Pray that God may give us grace and a vision for the future for the building of God’s Kingdom in the MENA region.
- AWEMA International Women Conference (scheduled to be held Sep 17 – 21 in Tunisia and will be attended by women church leaders from more than 20 countries): Pray that God may give us a fruitful time and a vision for joint work in the future.
PFA a prayer and praise report from Nireekshana.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer. God answered many of our long-standing prayers this past 2 months.
- Projects granted, cancer healed, cheques in the mailbox, pregnant staff, HIV negative babies, staff married, grandchild born, children excelling in their studies, addictions broken. THIS IS OUR GOD!
Drs. Lavanya and Sujai Suneetha
Executive Directors, Nireekshana ACET
Women’s Empowerment Program note: Last month was slower than usual since many of the women have not been experiencing the best of health. We pray for a swift recovery.
ASIAN PENINSULA AND ISLANDS
Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines
We praise for:
- Our COG fasting and prayer five days (12-16 April)was so blessed. 105 members from our 9 churches participated.We can hold our monthly prayer & fellowship meeting on 21 April.
- Medical mission was hold at Dalah on 26 Apr where over 40 received treatment. Dr. Hla Hla Nyein and three nurses led us.
- We took Sarah to Dalah to survey our clinic ministry on 4 May. We had dinner with them on 7 May. They are very nice couple.
- Pastor Ms Mai Sandar and Ms Ma Htaik went to Dalah meeting with women geoup. Ptr Sandar shared the gospel and Ma Htaik leach them handy craft. Twenty women came!
Please pray for:
- Church planting training will hold at our Bahan COG on 4-6 May
- Supernatural Encounter healing crusade will hold on 8-10 May in Yangon at Thuwanah stadium. Apostle Guillermo Maldonado and Rev.Raymond Mooi will lead. The Myanmar Evangelical Christian Alliance will host. TI ( Myanmar ) is one of its members.
- On 17 May, Pastor Sandar and Ma Htaik will visit to Dalah to meet the women group and teach them handy craft.
- On 19 May, we will celebrate and hold thanksgiving service for our TI Myanmar 22nd anniversary. We invited other women groups.
- We will have a trip to up country on 23-27 May with our COG leaders.
- Medical mission will hold at Pha Lone village on 31 May.
Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Southern Sudan
Thanksgiving and prayer requests, May 2018.
- The students have resumed school this first week of May. The second term is usually the longest term. Please pray for the student to stay focused through the term.
- Pray against annual student’s unrest in our schools; that there may be peace and calm.
- One of our children, Godfrey Muchele, a special needs child, will be going for medical assessment. Please pray that it goes well and that he gets placement in a special needs school.
- Pray for the ongoing Bible club program that the children will grow in depth of the word of God and that many more children will come so that they are impacted with the gospel.
- Pray for the students taking up tertiary courses that God would give them success.
Please continue to pray for the women who are unwell in the program; Ann Sialo and Millicent. It has been raining a lot in Kenya and when it is cold these women’s immune system tends to go down and they will often feel weak and sickly. Please pray that they will stay strong.
We have been praying to expand the Bethel College by introducing afternoon class. We already have four students ready to start the program. We are also working on the logistics of expanding the class facility. Please pray for provision.
- We continue to thank God for keeping Rev. Judy in good health. She is now able to engage in ministry again.
- Audits. We are beginning our financial audit next week, from May 7. Please pray for our accountant, Milka as she engages the auditors, for grace and a good work flow.
5. Retreat center.
- After sinking the borehole, we submitted the water samples to the government chemists for approval by the relevant authorities. We are still waiting for the results; please pray that we will get positive results and we can begin using the water at the retreat center.
Homecare Spiritual Fellowship (Kenya)
C.E.O/FOUNDER Homecare Spiritual Fellowship
IX Congress National Tirzah Brazil
- Registration: number of registrations sufficient to cover the costs of the congress
- Team of organizing: renewal of strength, willingness and joy to serve
- Preachers (Abilene, Ana Maria, Cheryl, Edileusa Veras): Inspiration for preparation of the Word and wisdom of the Holy Spirit in the explanation.
- Songs of worship and celebration (Quésia Silva): Discernment in the choice and inspiration in the presentation of the songs of praise inspiration in the presentation of the songs of praise.
- Let it be a time of much communion, worship, praise and spiritual growth.
God bless abundantly your meeting.
A big hug,
National Coordinator Tirzah BRAZIL, Regional Coordinator Tirzah INTERNATIONAL